I haven’t done a food style blog post in a while and I thought it was time to get back to it so this is my lunch today.
2 tortilla wraps
grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese
1 small Onion
1 chilli -no seeds
Fiery chili pesto
1/4 can Red Kidney Beans
- cut the onion into small bite sized pieces and chop the chili into a very small pieces, making sure the seeds have been removed.
- Put a tablespoon of pesto on one of the tortillas and smother all over the add cheese on top of the pesto.
- Add the onion, Chilli and red kidney beans to the tortilla. Add the cheese before putting the second tortilla on the top.
- Place your quesadilla into a pan and cook on both sides, or add a saucepan lid to your frying pan letting the top cook as well.
- Cut into 4 pieces and Serve.
Have you tried any of the previous food ideas?
You might also be interested in
Made your food Budget stretch
Bloody hell! It’s February already, where is this year going? I haven’t managed to upload on here as much as I want to, but my boyfriends friends are round this weekend so I am planning on writing a load of blog posts.
I thought I would write another recipe blog post, so this is a hangover breakfast special. I found a recipe for this on pintrest and I have adapted it for my own flavors. Hope you enjoy!
Potatoes- about 2 per person for a filling meal.
Egg- 1 per person
Peas- as much as you want.
Bacon- a couple rashers
- The first thing you need to do is chop your potatoes, small bite sized are the best with the skin still on, makes them crispy. Once they are chopped you need to put them in a bowl of cold water, this is meant to make them more crispy.
- While your potatoes are soaking, start on your bacon. You need to go to chop them into small-ish pieces, make sure you remove the fat, as it is super unhealthy anyway. Fry them off until they are crispy.
- You should add your onion and peas to the bacon until they are cooked. Then place them in a bowl.
- You can now cook your potatoes, add them into the frying pan on a medium to low setting with plenty of oil. You want to cook them slowly and oily for them to crisp up.
- Once the potatoes are cooked add the bacon and veg back into the pan and mix together, make a little well in the middle of the pan and crack an egg. Once the egg is cooked you are ready to plate up. Your egg will turn into a little bit of an omelet with some of the veg and potatoes in it.
The Stodgy potatoes will soak up alcohol nicely, the veg kick in the vitamins and well we all know that bacon is god’s gift to hangovers.
Hope your hangover enjoys this meal.