Can you believe summer is here already? At uni that means only one thing, it’s time to move out! So I am going to do a moving out series starting with cleaning!
At the end of every tenancy you will have a huge inspection, where the landlords work out what they can charge you for. You will need to do the biggest clean up you have done all year! So here are my key tips!
- The key cleaning kit!
Whenever I am cleaning there are a number of key thing that I like to have on hand.
- J clothes. These are great for cleaning every surface you can think of.
- Wet cloths (i.e. Daisy Pink grapefruit wipes) These are great at cleaning up small areas of dirty. I use these on my dressing table and bathroom sink.
- Bleach. I have used this to clean everything from a completely grimy plate to my bathroom. Trust me last year my whole bathroom was cleaned with bleach. Just be careful of clothes.
- Toilet cleaner. It’s all in the name.
2. Some handy tips I’ve picked up on the way
-Lemon Juice. This helps to clean the watermarks off your shower.
-Bin Bags. You will need a million of them. Be ruthless about what you take home.
-Storage boxes. and lots of space. You will need somewhere to put your uni stuff over the summer. If your not careful your room will be filled with pots and pans.
3)Some extra tips
-Paper work. Digg out the paperwork you filled in when you moved in the house/ flat. What where the problems in the room?
-Get snappy. Take some pictures of your bedroom and the communal areas. If you get charged for anything you don’t feel is fair you can argue your case with photos.
I hope your cleaning goes well!
-Got very burnt on one arm at work on Sunday.
-I can’t believe Uni Confessions will be 1 in a few months!
-Hoping to do some great collaborations soon.
-Also want to thank Jenny for her help over on Facebook