Cook and Freeze.
I thought I would come back from my little break in true Uni Confessions style; so here is some food!
This meal is perfect for university because once you have cooked it you can wack it in a container and freeze it for another day.
450g minced beef
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
430g jar of pasata
1 bell peper
2 cloves of Garlic
A sprinkle of mint
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons of Chilli
- In a large pan Brown off your mince. Don’t use any oil for this as the meat has its own fat. Your meat should ideally already be unfrozen however if you have just got it out of the freezer slice it up a little and it will cook fine.
- once your mince is brown, you should add your chopped up Onions and Pepper.
- Add in both the tinned tomatoes and Pasata into the pan and stir in with all your ingredients. Don’t worry if this looks like too much liquid.
- Add your seasonings: Chili, Mint and Oregano. You then need to stir them into the sauce.
- You can then add your Finely chopped Garlic cloves into the sauce.
- Once you have added all your ingredients. You should leave the liquid to boil without the lid so the sauce can reduce.
- Once it is thick enough, you can simply serve on top of some pasta or spaghetti.
I hope you enjoy!