My name is Lauren and I am addicted to pintrest.
I thought I would start off by saying I am really sorry for not posting in a while. I have been getting ready for uni and to be honest I seem more stressed about moving into a house this year than I have before. I have made a few videos of my packing process if you want to see them.
So while I have been away and getting ready for university I have been creating a number of different folders to help keep me organised. As you know, I love to cook so One of the folders I have created is a Recipe folder.
Searching Pintrest, in every waking minute, I have found a number of great recipes I have never heard of before in my life. A lot of the recipes seem kind of american, Can you have american food? So I thought I would share some recipes.
Buffalo Chciken Garbage bread. -Sound delisouse huh? Well it looks pretty yummy and very unhealthy!
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp. olive oil
1 pizza dough (I used store bought and let it sit out for about 20 minutes)
8 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese (I used part skim)
3 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of Franks Wing Sauce
1/3 cup of ranch or blue cheese dressing
Cut chicken into cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Heat teaspoon of olive oil in skillet and add chicken when hot. Cook chicken completely and then add 1/4 cup of wing sauce. Stir to coat chicken and let simmer for a minute or two. Take chicken off heat and let cool.
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.**
On a well floured surface, spread pizza dough into a long rectangle shape.
Add ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing (depending on your preference!) and remaining 1/4 cup of wing sauce. Spread across the dough. Add chicken and then top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. You can also add a bit more of the wing sauce on top of the cheese if you want it to be a little bit spicier.
Roll the dough like a pinwheel until you reach the end. Make sure to tuck the ends of the dough in so the middle doesn’t ‘ooze’ out when baking.
Spray baking sheet with light coat of non-stick cooking spray. Place garbage bread on the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Quesadillas are about the quickest thing you can make, and these cheesy tortillas tasted exactly like fresh oven-baked pizza, but required less than 10 minutes to make. Plus, they were way more fun because we got to dip them in the pizza sauce. The key ingredient to making them so mouth-watering was pan-fried high-quality pepperoni to give each bite the crispy texture reminiscent of real pizza. It was a high flavor payoff for a meal that took only a couple of minutes, and Chuy was a happy camper.
Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas
- 8 flour tortillas (I used Trader Joe’s handmade tortillas)
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 lb pepperoni
- 1 16-ounce jar of pizza sauce
- Optional: 1 6-ounce can of sliced black olives, 1 cup of sliced cremini mushrooms
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and fry the pepperoni until crisp. Transfer on a paper towel to drain.
- Brush each tortilla with a thin layer of pizza sauce (so thin that if you turned it over, none would drip).
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce on the bottom tortilla. Top with pepperoni and other toppings, if desired. Sprinkle with another layer of cheese and place the other tortilla on top (sauce side in).
- Pre-heat a medium cast-iron skilled over medium heat.
- Lay quesadilla in the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.
- Slice into quarters and serve with a little bowl of pizza dipping sauce.