Out of food prawn pasta
This recipe first came into existence when my dad realized we had very little food in the fridge. So we created this recipe from the food we did have. It’s really easy to make and cheap!
Vital Stats: Serves 2 people
*based on the products needed.
1 large pepper
200g packet of prawns
jar of pesto (possible spicy pesto)
- chop the pepper and onion into bite sized chunks.
- Put a table-spoon of pesto into the frying pan and warm it up so the oil is released.
- Put the pepper, onion and Prawns into the pan and fry using the pesto as oil.
- Add pasta to boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Once the Prawns have turned pink and the veggies become soft add 1/4 to 1/2 a jar of pesto.
- Drain the pasta and add to the prawns and stir until the pasta is coated in pesto and mixed with the prawns and veggies.
- Serve into a bowl and enjoy!